Coordinated Entry System (CES)

Central Oregon’s Coordinated Entry System (CES) ensures that people experiencing homelessness can get help finding stable housing.  CES uses a standardized assessment tool that matches the right level of services and housing resources to people experiencing homelessness.

New Coordinated Entry Intake Form

Link to Intake Form


Coordinated Entry can serve all people (single adults, young adults, couples, families, and veterans) who are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of homelessness in Central Oregon.*

Being homeless means you are:

  •         Living and sleeping outside or in places not meant for human habitation,
  •         Fleeing or attempting to flee domestic violence**,
  •         Staying in an emergency shelter or transitional housing, or
  •         Exiting an institution*** where you stayed for up to 90 days and were homeless before entering that institution.

Being “at risk” of homelessness is more broadly defined and includes individuals and families who are facing eviction soon, living in a motel, exiting an institution like prison, or are “doubled up” with another family.

*Central Oregon includes Deschutes, Jefferson, and Crook counties, and the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs.

**Domestic violence means the person or family is afraid to return to their home or is experiencing dangerous or life-threatening conditions at home, usually due to abuse, stalking, dating violence, sexual assault or other physical assault. Persons who have experienced human trafficking or sexual exploitation may also be served by CEA.

***Institution means a jail, prison, a psychiatric hospital, medical hospital, or a drug/alcohol treatment program.

The Coordinated Entry System previously required people to go to an in-person assessment at a Hub for an assessment. Families and individuals who met the criteria were referred to a program based on what best fit their needs, but there has never been enough resources to help everyone who needs it.

The programs that people were being referred to for resources are facing a funding shortage. Because we value your time and privacy, we switched to the short online intake form so you can spend a few minutes filling it out online or with a case manager instead of having to come in person. When funding support is available again, we’ll contact people from this list and set up a time for another assessment appointment.

In the meantime, the Coordinated Entry System Coordinator (Colleen Sinsky), and others will be working on reaching out to you to connect you with what you said you needed on the form. If you have questions, please email Colleen at

We’re trying out a new system where you don’t have to do the VI-SPDAT at first. When there are resources available, we’ll call you to tell you where and how to do this assessment. For now, the online intake form is the first step to the Coordinated Entry System.

The VI-SPDAT allows communities to assess clients’ various health and social needs quickly and then match them to the most appropriate housing interventions available, based on an individual’s vulnerability score.

In general, the assessment tool asks a series of questions about you, your health, how you are experiencing homelessness, and what other needs you might have.

Quick list of resources you may want to try. This is not a complete list- visit our resource map for a more complete list.

  • Need help navigating resources like food stamps, social security, applying for housing, or getting signed up for health insurance? Visit Thrive Central Oregon‘s walk-in hours throughout Central Oregon.
  • Veteran? Call Central Oregon Veterans Outreach at 541-383-2793.
  • Between age 16-21?  Call the Cascade Youth & Family Center‘s The LOFT program for emergency shelter, basic supplies, and help navigating resources from a youth-friendly provider. (541) 318-3436.
  • School-aged kids? Get help with enrollment, bus routes, and extra support if you’re a family struggling with your housing stability. Call an advocate from the Family Access Network or reach out to Mara Stephens, who runs project HELP at 541-355-1037.
  • Looking for mental and emotional health support or addiction treatment? You can reach out to Deschutes County Behavioral Health at (541) 322-7500, Best Care for Crook County Behavioral Health 541-504-9577, or Best Care for Jefferson County Behavioral Health (541) 475-4822.
  • Medical care, dental care, and help signing up for the Oregon Health Plan? call Mosaic Medical at 541-383-3005.
  • Need food resources? Our resource map is the best place for local schedules of meals and food pantries.

*Don’t forget, the lottery for Section 8 vouchers will be open from January 13th-17th through HousingWorks. Even if you’ve signed up before, you have to update your application in person or online during that week. Details at HousingWorks website, or ask a case manager you work with.


Central Oregon doesn’t have enough affordable housing. Hourly wages and social security haven’t kept up with how expensive it is to live here. All kinds of people are experiencing homelessness. You are a valuable member of our Central Oregon community, and your story is important. The intake form has an option to check if you want to get involved with using your voice to improve our community.

Your info and answers are kept private and anonymous, but we do use data from this Coordinated Entry System to help us advocate for more affordable housing and homeless services in Central Oregon. Thank you for helping!

If you have questions, suggestions, concerns (or if you just want to vent), you can email Colleen Sinsky at Sorry, there’s not currently a phone line available.


Be A Partner

Interested in having your housing or services program join the CES network?  Contact us!

Check out what’s happening with the CES Committee here.