Point in Time Count
2023 Training for Point in Time Count
Shelter Provider Training Tuesday January 10th – 10:30AM
Watch the Recording Here
Slides – Shelter PIT Training_
Street Outreach, non-shelter service providers, Jails, hospitals, School District and non HMIS participating shelters can all attend this session. Thursday, January 12th -10AM
Watch the Recording Here
2023 Point in Time Count Resources
Confidentiality Form for all providers assisting with surveys – https://form.jotform.com/223395337219056
2022 Point in Time Count Results
You can view the live 2022 Point in Time Count Presentation here on our website. It was first presented at our May 6, 2022 General Membership Meeting. Click here to view a PDF of the 2022 PIT presentation.
- 2022 Point in Time Count shows a 17% increase in homelessness over last year
- 1,012 people experienced literal homelessness in Central Oregon on January 24th, 2022
- 79% of people counted were unsheltered
- 65% of those counted have lived in Central Oregon for more than 3 years
- 60% of those counted have been homeless for more than 12 months
- The total number of youth experiencing homelessness continues to climb
- Central Oregon continues to see that people of color experience homelessness at a greater rate than their white peers**
This summary includes ONLY survey respondents that met the HUD definition of literally homeless – sheltered and unsheltered.
- in 2021, 1,099 people experienced homelessness in Central Oregon on January 20, 2021, an increase of 13.42% over 2020.
- **To review historic PIT data through a racial equity lens, visit this site and filter to OR-503 .
|TOTAL (Adults + Children)||594||778||787||880||969||1099||13.42|
|All Households||409||510||57 2||616||586||836||42.66|
|Individuals in Families (1AD +1CH)||211||284||199||243||360||165||-54.17|
|Adults (18+ years old)||465||615||663||773||604||989||63.74|
|All Children (<18 years old)||129||163||124||147||203||110||-45.81|
|Unaccompanied Children (<18)||12||7||15||20||6||18||200.00|
|All Youth (18-24 years old)||55||78||94||76||71||175||146.48|
|Unaccompanied Youth (18-24)||43||61||83||52||48||154||220.83|
|Chronically Homeless Veterans||30||49||22||22||27||8||-70.37|
|Chronically Homeless Individuals||161||187||139||160||286||74||-74.13|
- Sheltered: Emergency Shelter, Transitional Housing, Hotel/Motel Paid for by an agency
- Unsheltered: Living in a place not meant for human habitation (i.e. car, outside, on street or public lands, in abandoned building, etc.)
- Household: a group of respondents who self report as a household (could be partners or parents and children)
2021 Point In Time (PIT) Count
The Homeless Leadership Coalition (HLC) released the results of its 2021 Point In-Time Count, which provides a snap shot of homelessness in Central Oregon the night of January 20, 2021. This survey queries people experiencing homelessness, in transitional housing or at-risk of becoming homeless in Deschutes, Crook, and Jefferson counties and the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs. It is a part of a state and national effort to understand the scope of the crisis, the reasons for homelessness and the barriers people experiencing homelessness face in finding appropriate and adequate housing.
View 2021 takeaways here: Point in Time Count 2021